Current SFU President, Andrew Petter’s second term as President ends on August 31, 2020. SFU is currently undertaking a process to select its next President and they want to hear from us — the students.
The feedback on the presidential search ends on April 14, and, as students and people who care about education and life at SFU, WE NEED TO BE HEARD!
Send your feedback to email@example.com
fill out this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/sfu-pres-search-survey
Here are some points you can include:
The next SFU president must:
- Be committed to affordable education for all.
- Believe in free education as a basic human right
- Be from a marginalized group: Woman, person of colour, from indigenous group, LGBT+, etc.
- Care about workers and hate capitalism
- Commit to tuition freeze for the next 5 (or 10, or 100) years
- Willing to cut corporate ties and divest from corporations that invested in pipelines
- Work to have free housing for all SFU students
- Spend at least 10 hours per week chatting with students on campus
- Commit to reduction the tuitions by at least 20% per year
These are just some examples. Add anything else you want. Feel free to be funny or annoying but be concise.
Follow us on the Facebook event page [link].